2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans not shifting

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 12:55 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trans not shifting

Hey all got a question for you trans gurus. I'll start with a little back story in hopes it helps answer my question. Truck sat for a while had some blown brake lines and didn't have time/money to replace them at the time. We decided to move south so I finally got around to fixing them. It then blew a trans line which I fixed. Drove it a little back and forth to work which was maybe 5 mins away a few times then drove 530 some miles south to TN. My CEL came on for the torque converter clutch solenoid after getting done here. Did some research and found where you can replace that so I did. After replacing that my trans decided to stop shifting. I can shift it manually but still only get 1st and 2nd. I have done some more research and see where the governor pressor solenoid and transducer can cause shifting issues. Has anyone had this type of issue and replaced these and had success with the trans shifting afterwards? I see were it has fixed sluggish shifts but what about not shifting at all?

Trying to get the Beast back on the road quickly and cheap if possible. Wife's suv was totaled on the 6th, and I have been doing some work on the Ramcharger so that's down We are down to just my Mustang at the moment.

Old 02-28-2021, 01:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Think I would drop the pan, and see if you didn't disturb something when you were changing the TCC solenoid. Wouldn't hurt to change the governor stuff.... they are notorious for causing all sorts of odd issues.

Quick Reply: Trans not shifting