2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dash issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 04:28 PM
racejunky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash issues

I have posted this earlier but not sure it is in the right spot. I have what seems to be a very common problem with my dash disintegrating. some of the frame work is even breaking out and some of the switches and controls are just hanging. I would sure like to fix this as cheap as possible. do I just have to search th junk yards to find what I need or is there some repair method for this?

Old 03-21-2021, 05:38 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

The subframe inner dash can crack and break apart as well as the outer dash cover. Unfortunately, nobody makes this replacement. You'll have to find a good one at a junk yard or get good plastic glue. For the outer dash, the only real replacement worth buying is the LMC brand.

The following users liked this post:
Spillage (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 07:52 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

I’ve not long ago finished rebuilding my dash... it like most had some external cracks, but when I took it out to rebuild the HVAC box it disintegrated.
I jigsaw puzzled the subframe back together, and installed a new LMC over the top.
Search for my posts in the “What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?” thread, you’ll see plenty of pictures and notes of what I did.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions.

Last edited by Spillage; 03-21-2021 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:07 PM
PstrBR549
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best dash replacement source

Originally Posted by racejunky
I have posted this earlier but not sure it is in the right spot. I have what seems to be a very common problem with my dash disintegrating. some of the frame work is even breaking out and some of the switches and controls are just hanging. I would sure like to fix this as cheap as possible. do I just have to search th junk yards to find what I need or is there some repair method for this?
had same problem. Go to Geno’sgarage.com. New replacement dash and bezel for less$. I got dash. Great quality

Quick Reply: dash issues