2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

98 ram 1500 5.2 air only works on defrost after tune up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 03:16 PM
Jessehendrixp1
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 98 ram 1500 5.2 air only works on defrost after tune up?

Ok gentlemen and lady's, so the ol dodge started running pretty rough so I gave her just a basic tune up plugs, wires, disty cap, rotor button I had the battery completely out because my truck sits kinda high so I use the space to climb into the engine bay for the hard to reach stuff....... Anyway after I get it all put back together it's running smooth now however I noticed that my air now only works on the defrost it always worked fine with no problems before........ Is there something I could have jarred loose or do the doors operate on vacume? Could I have knocked a vac line off? Or is there a reset procedure I don't know about? It just really weird it worked fine until I did the tune up........ Thanks for the help

Old 04-11-2021, 04:17 PM
Jessehendrixp1
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well guys false alarm I figured it out I had broke a vacuum line it was a little teeny bitty one I was able to go get some of those connectors for it and fixed it it made it work just like new

The following users liked this post:
2bit (04-12-2021)

Quick Reply: 98 ram 1500 5.2 air only works on defrost after tune up?