2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Non running to now running, backfire issue with a previous Water/Methanol installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 07:39 PM
Completespaz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@MoparFanatic21 I sent you a message. If you have offerup you can hit me up through the messaging system there. Makes it easier for me to keep tabs.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:11 PM
corsair231

Originally Posted by Completespaz
I know how to test the bypass valve ... testing it now does nothing for me if I have no funds to replace it if it is faulty. Doing anything else with the truck now does nothing for me if I am selling it as is.... I am confused with your reply. ??????
You say the truck is not boosting even under load and in your OfferUp ad, you say the valve might be bad. Since that valve does determine if the boost from the supercharger actually makes it to the intake, it would be a good thing to know if it is actually working or not. Checking it out would not cost you anything and it would be good information to be able to pass on to whoever is interested in buying the truck. If the valve doesn't need to be replaced the new owner can start his search elsewhere, such as the plenum, if the valve is bad then the new owner will be aware of that from the get go. You made no mention of checking the valve and your earlier post said you were still learning so I was simply trying to help you with some information. I don't understand what is confusing about that, but my bad, it won't happen again.
GLWS

Old 11-06-2021, 09:58 PM
Completespaz

I am just going to pass the info on. The valve is tucked behind the supercharger meaning I'd have to pull crap just to get to it. My health issue keeps me from standing for long periods hence the reason I am selling it.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:58 PM
Completespaz

Not finding a buyer who is actually serious is getting kind of crazy. LOL

Quick Reply: Non running to now running, backfire issue with a previous Water/Methanol installed