2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Evap System, Carbon Canister connection

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 02:09 AM
Kayden Barrios
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap System, Carbon Canister connection

Hey guys so i found another loose tube I researched found it’s for Evap systems charcoal can, that I think should be connected to the charc canister unplugged tube, can anybody help me? 10cyl V8 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4

This tube has been capped off since I bought the truck, followed it down to the charcoal can. This is the hook tube shown in the second picture that was tucked behind Carbon tank.

I took the van off cause I’ll be replacing it because it was leaking. My guess is the prev owner disconnected because he didn’t want the charcoal getting in the vacuum lines.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:33 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 352 Likes on 331 Posts

The tube with the "cap" is an air vent, This is where fresh air gets pulled into the evap system. The other line goes to the gas tank.

The following users liked this post:
Kayden Barrios (07-08-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Kayden Barrios
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where should I make connection?

so the tube with the cap it sounds like I should take the cap off to let it breathe and connect the hook end to the unused port on the carbon canister? Because the Carbon can directly runs to the gas tank. Any help is appreciated Thankyou all!

Originally Posted by Moparite
The tube with the "cap" is an air vent, This is where fresh air gets pulled into the evap system. The other line goes to the gas tank.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,214 Likes on 2,965 Posts

Should be able to just leave the cap on there. It's designed to keep bugs and such out of the hose.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:32 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 352 Likes on 331 Posts

Yeah mine came off or i bought it like that and over time the evap canister filled with water.

Quick Reply: Evap System, Carbon Canister connection