2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

96 dodge V10 engine swap, in Alaska, I got it run n

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 01:51 AM
Stitch Mitchell
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
It will not the V8s had a 46re the Cummins/V10 had a 47re. Even the Cummins won't fit I believe the input shaft is bigger
Thank you, sir! i figured that was the case. i couldnt find any info in the shop manual to answer my question, so i posed it to the professionals here. Not many options on this island in alaska! gonna call a wrecking yard in seattle in the am. Regardless, gonna have to get it shipped up on a barge! Most likely gonna have to bite the bullet any option i decide to go with! Only thing left after a new trans is rebuild the front end suspension and I have a new truck! Already rebuilt everything else!

Old 08-10-2021, 01:58 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Stitch Mitchell
Thank you, sir! i figured that was the case. i couldnt find any info in the shop manual to answer my question, so i posed it to the professionals here. Not many options on this island in alaska! gonna call a wrecking yard in seattle in the am. Regardless, gonna have to get it shipped up on a barge! Most likely gonna have to bite the bullet any option i decide to go with! Only thing left after a new trans is rebuild the front end suspension and I have a new truck! Already rebuilt everything else!
That's how I look at it plus it's cheaper than a new one

Quick Reply: 96 dodge V10 engine swap, in Alaska, I got it run n