2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Upper and lower ball joint replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 02:34 PM
Milliner 1976
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper and lower ball joint replacement

Hey new to The forum guys thanks for having me having question that I would like to get some answers to seeing that I need to replace my upper and lower ball joints in my 2001 Dodge 1500 Laramie I was curious to know what good parts are there so many to choose from now and the price of most make you wonder if they're just cheap because of them being cheap that makes sense looking at a 12 piece set from 1A Auto an online parts distributor has anybody used any of these parts and if so are they reputable they just seem really cheap in price any help would be greatly appreciated on this subject thank you

Old 08-29-2021, 04:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,259 Likes on 3,006 Posts

What brand are the parts they are peddling? Moog Premiums some pretty good, as do XRF. Beware the cheap china crap. Unless, of course, you LIKE doing ball joints.

Also, punctuation makes things much easier to read.

Welcome to DF!

Old 08-29-2021, 07:25 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

I think you're talking about TRQ brand parts. I don't know much about that particular brand. Many auto parts dealers do business with several manufacturers, and sometimes the quality is good, and sometimes not.
I recommend staying with the name brands. I always use Moog, but Timken and ACDelco get good reviews. Some like Mevotech.
On your truck, are the upper ball joints bolted on and lowers pressed in?

Old 08-30-2021, 07:28 PM
Milliner 1976
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrsick
I think you're talking about TRQ brand parts. I don't know much about that particular brand. Many auto parts dealers do business with several manufacturers, and sometimes the quality is good, and sometimes not.
I recommend staying with the name brands. I always use Moog, but Timken and ACDelco get good reviews. Some like Mevotech.
On your truck, are the upper ball joints bolted on and lowers pressed in?
Yes ,you are correct .and the are rivited in

Quick Reply: Upper and lower ball joint replacement