2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power steering pump howl?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 02:21 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

I would guess that seals involved are not compatible with ATF, hence the damage will occur warning.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:40 PM
GiveMEaHemi
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power steering fluid

I ended the pudding match yesterday when I said I don’t give a damn what you run in yours. And I’m talking about the 04 model in particular with the ATF+4 in the power steering reservoir. If you have an 04 owners manual that says to use power steering fluid, I want to see it. Mine is in my hand as I write this. To the guy on the earlier model, I just suggested he check the manual and see what his called for and to make sure he was using the right fluid. Now show that 2004 manual or go TFA. Like I said put water, ****, whatever you want in yours. My 2004 Ram 1500 ST 5.7 Hemi says to use ATF+4. I don’t believe they put out more than one owners manual for the same vehicle with completely different information. My power steering works beautifully and is quiet as a mouse walking in cotton, while drinking ATF+4. Again for the reading impaired or mentally challenged, run whatever you can find to put in yours, water, Budweiser, Mercon/Dexron Type F, gear oil, vegetable oil, I don’t give a damn. I’m done with it, get a life or buy a Ford and go away.

Quick Reply: power steering pump howl?