2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 dodge ram 1500, brake lights and turn signals not working.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 10:02 AM
Twisty13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 dodge ram 1500, brake lights and turn signals not working.

Here's what happened... I was pulling a trailer, it was raining, came up on a turn to quickly, didn't make it..slamming into a telephone pole, made the loaded trailer come off the ball and up under my truck, taking out the spare tire and all the wiring.
truck is up and running, but here's the problem...
when I turn the headlights on, the headlights and tail lights come on, front blinkers work perfectly,
The rear blinkers do not work, and when I push the brake pedal, no brake lights light up. Just the tail lights (running lights) I have been working on this blowing fuse after fuse for 3 days...
I can touch this to that and make the brake lights come on but dont know how to make it work when I push the pedal.
I bought this truck from a guy who clearly did some self wiring stuff of his own, bc a friend noticed that alot of the wires were spliced into the trailer light wiring....
I've researched and researched till my head wanted to explode... with no cigar!
please if any one knows anything. Please help.
Please note! Everything is working as far as power, voltage, bulbs, fuses, etc....
thanks

Old 11-08-2021, 01:43 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Sounds like you have a broken ground, have you tested for power at the sockets

Quick Reply: 2001 dodge ram 1500, brake lights and turn signals not working.