2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling a 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 02:48 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Leveling a 2wd

Hello, I have a 2002 2500 V8 magnum 2wd i am looking at leveling the front end about 2 inches. I have found a few kits with spacers (the ones you put over the spring), but I would prefer just putting in new springs. Does anyone know where i can get leveling springs and longer shocks?

Old 12-17-2021, 09:36 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

For 2 inches, likely won't need longer shocks. Check with the various lift companies, someone may still have something for your truck, though, parts of that nature are getting harder to find.

Diesel springs might give you the lift you are looking for, but, they will also ride harsher than what's in there now.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:25 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
For 2 inches, likely won't need longer shocks. Check with the various lift companies, someone may still have something for your truck, though, parts of that nature are getting harder to find.

Diesel springs might give you the lift you are looking for, but, they will also ride harsher than what's in there now.
Are diesel springs the same width? I thought they were wider than gas springs. Now that got me thinking, would 4wd springs help level or would those be too wide?

Old 12-17-2021, 04:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Not sure on the differences between 2 and 4wd springs.... There are likely specs out there somewhere, including spring rates.

Quick Reply: Leveling a 2wd