2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans/T Case Clunk

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2022, 06:36 PM
BClark_35
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
How is your pinion bearing in the rear axle? Any play there with the driveshaft removed when turning the yoke or any side to side or for and aft play in the yoke?
Not that I have noticed. I tried moving the your every which way with the driveshaft still installed. As a side note I did replace my pinion seal many months ago but was very careful with the torque of that nut. Maybe the nut came loose though? I'll have to check maybe tomorrow after work or Friday. Does that seem like too much play?

Old 03-15-2022, 07:05 PM
BClark_35
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
How is your pinion bearing in the rear axle? Any play there with the driveshaft removed when turning the yoke or any side to side or for and aft play in the yoke?
A hopeful update. I kept crawling around under the truck and randomly decided to check the bottom most trans mount bolts. Both were completely loose. Tightened them up and I can't replicate the noise anymore. Almost seems like too easy of a fix for this truck so we will have to see.

Old 03-15-2022, 10:04 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 339 Likes on 320 Posts

Sounds great. Hope that's all it was. I had an issue with my front differential leaking a slight amount of gear oil and fixed it by tightening the cover bolts. Those simple fixes really feel good on the mind and the wallet!

Old 03-16-2022, 09:01 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Loose trans mount WILL make some interesting noises.

Quick Reply: Trans/T Case Clunk