2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HVAC Issues at high speeds

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 01:02 PM
cytuss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Issues at high speeds

I’m posting because I’ve been having a issue with my AC at high speeds. When doing normal city driving, my AC works fine. It blows cold, all of the modes work.

BUT When I’m driving highway speeds in 4th and 5th, the AC will switch to my defrost and stop blowing cold. It only happens when I’m on the gas at high speeds. When I let off the gas, it will click back over and blow cold. I’ve checked for leaks and recharged. I’ve replaced check valves. I’m at the end of my knowledge! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2022, 02:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Wild Vents. Couple vacuum check valves will help, there are part numbers for them around here somewhere. (check for the wild vents thread in the FAQ/DIY section.) Even a minor vacuum leaks makes the problem worse.

The following users liked this post:
cytuss (06-21-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 02:27 PM
cytuss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Wild Vents. Couple vacuum check valves will help, there are part numbers for them around here somewhere. (check for the wild vents thread in the FAQ/DIY section.) Even a minor vacuum leaks makes the problem worse.
I noticed the sticky after I posted this, but definitely gonna check it out and get to work this weekend. Thank you!

Quick Reply: HVAC Issues at high speeds