2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger Window Not Moving Up or Down

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 10:37 AM
latkelarry
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Have you replaced the motor?

A test light doesn't put much of a load on the circuit though..... enough to light a bulb, certainly, but, is it enough to turn the motor??
I have replaced the entire window motor/actuator assembly. The window motor was working (albeit on its last leg) prior to removing everything, and I've tried to run it with both the old and new motor/actuator unit and neither work. However, I've confirmed that both motors will work on the driver side, so the motors themselves aren't dead.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:01 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,302 Likes on 3,047 Posts

Try moving the harness between the body, and the door, around while testing. Might be a bad connection in there somewhere, that can mange the load of the LED, but, not the motor.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:02 PM
latkelarry
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Try moving the harness between the body, and the door, around while testing. Might be a bad connection in there somewhere, that can mange the load of the LED, but, not the motor.
I tested both the passenger and driver sides with the multimeter and both had a signal of 11.83V when opening and closing the switch.

I opened up the harness between the door and the body to no avail, but as luck would have it as I closed the door the switch happened to activate as it was pressed against the body frame accidentally, and the motor moved. I noticed the harness for the motor was pinched, and only ran when it was pinched (still provided a light on the test light and 11.83v in this position). I opened up the actual connector for the motor and the lead for the down signal wire was loose in its socket. I crimped it down and added some gorilla glue for good measure to keep it in there. Gonna test it once it cures and cross my fingers, otherwise it's a trip to the junkyard to rip another motor socket out.

Thanks all for your help!

The following users liked this post:
Moonpie (08-12-2022)

Quick Reply: Passenger Window Not Moving Up or Down