2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tire questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 03:08 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tire questions

Hello, I have a ram 2500 with the chrome factory wheels that I put on (the 94-99 style) and it currently has 265/75r16 tires on ands i was wondering if 245/75r16 tires will fit, as that is what my factoy steel wheels came with. any input would be appriciated.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

That is what the base truck comes with. (and usually, what is on the door sticker.) Yep, they will fit, but, they will look TINY on your truck. The 265's are actually a better size, than the smaller fellers. I am running 285's on mine, which might be a bit much for 3.55 gears... (which is usually what they have) but, mine was re-geared by a previous owner.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:32 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That is what the base truck comes with. (and usually, what is on the door sticker.) Yep, they will fit, but, they will look TINY on your truck. The 265's are actually a better size, than the smaller fellers. I am running 285's on mine, which might be a bit much for 3.55 gears... (which is usually what they have) but, mine was re-geared by a previous owner.
I'm not too concerned with it looking tiny as soon I would like to lower my truck an inch or 2 , I just wanted to make sure they would fit on the factory chrome wheels. I dont plan on offraoding my truck anymore so i dont think i will need bigger tires any more.

Quick Reply: Tire questions