2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What would you guys do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would you guys do?

I wouldnt do it either. There are too many trucks right now sitting on dealerships lots that you could get a much better and newer truck, for about the same or at the very least for about $10k.

I wouldnt even waste my time with asking the dealership to fix it, as the issues are expensive in their eyes and since they arent making much on the truck, wont really consider doing much about it.

Like Off_Road_Teacher said, go with your gut. You obviously have misgivings about the truck, and since you do....I wouldnt bother with it.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
ybstuk

that's funny - my gut is telling me to buy it - not to avoid it. if i get it cheap enough, i can fix the mechanical stuff myself, and make out good, hopefully. i do thank you all for your opinions! i've got a certain "price" in my head (def. not asking price), and if i can get it for that, i'll go for it. if he won't come down to my price, i'll keep looking. thanks again everyone!

Old 01-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know what happens.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:59 AM
ybstuk

Well - yesterday i gave the dealer a call, and we came to an agreeable price that i was satisfied with, so we drove up (2+ hour ride) and test drove it again (long test drive), and crawled all underneath and everything, and determined it's a pretty decent truck. a couple minor mechanical quirks, but nothing more sever than that, so i bought it. I drove it home, and got to know the truck much better for the 2 hour ride home. It rode like a 3/4 ton truck, but it drove really nice. I was astonished about the mpg! i put some gas in it once i bought it, and i reset the overhead console. from the time that i reset that, until i pulled in my drive, i got an average of 14.5 MPG. most of that being highway at 65mph. i was kind of thrilled! it's the 5.9, 4.10 gears, with a topper (this may have helped a ton). anyhow, i'm going to be going thru some of the mechanical things this weekend, but i think i got myself a pretty decent rig! AND, now i can finally post to this forum about MY truck, not about my future truck! Thanks for all your opinions!

YB

Old 01-13-2006, 03:58 PM
REDKNOB
Rookie

The asking price was a hell of a deal for my neck of the woods so if you got it for less than that I kinda figure ya stole it!! Let's see some more good pics.

Quick Reply: What would you guys do?