2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Some pics of mine

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some pics of mine

I've never really put any pics of my truck on here so I figured this would be a good time

I dunno how to do those stupid thumbnails either [:@] Sorry for those of you on Dial-Up!

KC DayLighters. 375,000 Candlepower Each.

My Body Lift w/out the rear bumper brackets I'm either gonna put Diamond Plate in the gap, or raise the bumper and raise the exhaust to sit where its suppose to.

You can see the Dodge mud flaps in this one.

KC DayLighters with the ugly Yellow cover on

This ****'s me off. I got this in August...the O,G, and E are already chipping off [:@] Looks like there are air bubbles in it to but thats just water drops. Oh well it was only $20 and I got it at a booth at the fair from a carney that makes them in a trailer haha

INTERIOR

Bandpass box. 2 12" Rockford Fosgate HE2 subs in there with a Boss 2000W amp. Bandpass sucks for trucks. I originially had it in a Jimmy, which is rocked in, but its not TOO bad in the truck.

Radar Detector and Cell Phone holders. I HATE wirers running all over, the wire for the Rador Detector is ran into the molding and pluged into a 4 way splitter inside the dash out of view.

Switches, one for the neon lights under the dash on drivers and passenger side, the other is for nothing yet

Like I said, I hate wiring. This is my cell phone charger tucked neatly into my ash tray. It runs into the dash and plugs into the same 4 way splitter. I get the wirers on the 4 way and spliced them into the ones for the factory acc. outlet on the dash. So that one still works too. Its nice when you have something you want to plug in just for a little while, don't have to rip the dash apart and plug it into the 4 way.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST! VIDEO OF MY MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST!

What do ya think!?

Old 01-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Tani1500
Champion
Default RE: Some pics of mine

looks great. i got to post up some picks of mine. and i was going to say, insted of stealing that kids idea with the diamond plate. why dont you just use some sheet metal and have it painted the same color as the truck. i think that would look better.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:12 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

hmm some odd reason the video doesn't work.. i'll try again later. looks good though. yeah ya gotta do something about that assend. i don't know if you noticed but it seems like your nerf bars are kinda hangin low now that you got that body lift in there.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Yup, another project is to move the nerf bars on top of the lift blocks. That will put them where they normally sit.

I bought a 1/2 pint of color match paint for it. Did some rust work. Theres not enough left to paint a peice of metal to go in there. And 1/2 a pint of that stuff was over $50!!! Its prefessional grade though. Matches perfectly. I think I'm just gonna raise the bumper then play with the exhaust and hang is 3" higher under the bumper.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Tani1500
Champion

yea but then your hitch is going to be way down there unless you dont care.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I know [&:] I could cut it and have it welded a bit shorter. Dunno if it'd be strong enough. I've never pulled anything yet and its been over a year. But I know I'll want to one day. So I'll probably end up having it hang low

Old 01-12-2006, 09:39 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

mmmm loookin purty!!!!!!!! damn i want a brushguard bad!

Old 01-12-2006, 10:25 PM
94Champ
Professional

Looks Nice! I love the red Rams. Did the brush guard reqiure much modding to install since you had the 3" body lift?

Old 01-12-2006, 11:23 PM
MGDMike
Champion

Nice truck!! Sorry about the letters on the windshield...I haven't seen a Ron Jons Surf shop in awhile! Last time I saw one was at VA Beach.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Haha Ron Jon Rocks!

As for the brushguard, it wasn't that bad to install. Had to cut the brackets 3 inches shorter and have them welded. I had them welded by a pro though so they won't break. I tell the people I had to shorten the brackets and they can't figure out why. Well this guard bolts to a cross member on the frame. The brackets hang DOWN off the cross member, and the guard bolts to the brackets. Since the body went up, the brushguard also had to go up, and that why I had to actually shorten the brackets.

Funny story about when I got it. I was sitting in the parking lot at college and some random guy walks up, knocks on my window and says "You looking for a brushguard for this" So I said yeah and he said he had a nice Westinone off his old truck. Said he'd sell it to me for $200. I thought that was a good deal. Westin makes great pruducts and they're usually well over $350 new. So I went and got it, didn;t come with brackets. So I call up Westin and get the parts kit number. Go to a local Westin dealer to find a very unpleasent suprise. It was just over $100 just for the parts kit!!! [:@] So after they screwed up the order and it took a month and a half to get here I finially had it...Now all I needed was an evening to cut the brackets and have them welded. So moral of the story, make sure if you buy something it comes with all the parts I paid just over $300 for it and I could have gotten a new one for a little bit more.

But I love it, and my KC lights

Quick Reply: Some pics of mine