2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

injector swaps

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 01:39 PM
Xombi
Professional
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default injector swaps

We have a 1997 1500 3.9 with a persistent 0303 code and an occasional 0301 and 0303 code as well. Sea foam in the tank clears it for a bit. New cap plugs and wires.
I will check the injector pulse with a test light and ohm out the injectors. Check compression. Swap injectors about to see if the fault moves.
I have a bad case of oscilloscope envy. I just can't justify the expense.
On the chance that the fault moves with the injectors, we have a set of almost new injectors in a 98 5.2. Truck was worked to death and then the frame started to fail.
Elsewhere in the forum I read that the 5.2 and 5.9 injectors in that year range had the same output. Rock Auto lists the same part number for them.
Yes the part numbers for the v6 and v8 are different by rock auto. The 97 like it's brethren the 98, is being rapidly pulled back to mother earth, and the goddess of rust will definitely reclaim this truck in two years.
Stan Weiss http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm has a chart so might someone be able to give me OEM part numbers?
We have had good luck with Standard Motor Parts, and Fisher, our go to guy sells them. , Are their injectors any good?
I have done complete sets of injector swaps, where the values were within3% and it seem to work out well.
I may be over thinking this.

Old 10-28-2022, 02:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Should be able to get OEM part numbers from rock auto.... It wouldn't surprise me if the six also used the same injectors... though I haven't verified that. It's possible they are indeed a different flow rate... Dodge has done some strange stuff over the years.

Old 10-29-2022, 12:39 PM
Xombi
Professional
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I found them in a round about manner, and the specs are slightly different. I have done injector swaps on Volvos an Vws and had luck when the specs were within 3%. I would swap all the injectors.Thanks for getting back.

Quick Reply: injector swaps