2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Kegger VRP Plates

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
BClark_35
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kegger VRP Plates

I was just wondering what others thought of these plates I have come across online. They seem pretty legit but idk if it's just good marketing or what. They are plates that go inside the kegger manifold to apparently speed up the air. They claim it has little to no effect on HP while boosting torque a ton. Here is a link to a write up on it. Just wondering what others thought. I don't know if I believe it or not since I am just now hearing about it.

https://utawesomeperformance.com/kegger-vrp.html

Old 12-13-2022, 02:23 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The dyno results point to this being more than marketting hype. To be fair he states the engine also has a mild cam and long tubes which undoubtedly boost things over what the stock motor would produce.

Since I'm more likely to want my power off idle in the trails instead of at 6 grand on a drag strip this sort of upgrade seems to make more sense to me than an Airgap or M1.

If it wasn't such a pain to pull and reinstall the kegger I would have probably done it already.

baseline below

Last edited by Ugly1; 12-13-2022 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 02:34 PM
BClark_35
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ugly1
The dyno results point to this being more than marketting hype. To be fair he states the engine also has a mild cam and long tubes which undoubtedly boost things over what the stock motor would produce.

Since I'm more likely to want my power off idle in the trails instead of at 6 grand on a drag strip this sort of upgrade seems to make more sense to me than an Airgap or M1.

If it wasn't such a pain to pull and reinstall the kegger I would have probably done it already.

baseline below
Yea i was interested in this as i also have a mild cam and shorty headers. I do also belive that this is valid. I wish I had my heads ported and polished tho. If I would have seen this at the time of my engine being apart I would have also done this. Maybe if/when my plenum blows ill attempt this. I was just surprised I hadn't ever seen anything about this until last night.

Old 12-13-2022, 04:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

My answer to that was to pick up another manifold, modify that one, then just swap 'em out. I had several hours into cleaning up the intake, cutting down the runners, etc.

Old 12-14-2022, 09:34 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

I recommend watch and read and know what you're getting into. They are not just a bolt in mod by any means. I'd rather change a camshaft then try installing those. When I had my intake machine work done, I had that guy do it. I did so many mods at once, hard to tell that wow, that made a big different

Quick Reply: Kegger VRP Plates