2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiper issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 05:26 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wiper issues

Hello, I have a 2002 Ram 2500 and the wipers are having issues where it only has three speeds, when you set it for the first one it goes constantly (like the 3rd to last speed) and when i switch it for the next few positions it stays the same until the last 2 settings, it will also stop in whatever position it is turned off at. When I use the washer spray it does a few passes but than stops. I'm assuming this is the wiper motor but could anyone guide me in the right direction? Thank you!

Old 12-20-2022, 06:41 AM
WrenchingtheWretched
Amateur
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try the multifunction switch first.

Old 12-21-2022, 11:07 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

The stopping wherever they are is normal. They don't push when they lose power as you are suppose to put them upright to change the blade. The washer fluid action seems to be normal to. I second checking the multifunctional switch

Old 12-21-2022, 03:13 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
The stopping wherever they are is normal. They don't push when they lose power as you are suppose to put them upright to change the blade. The washer fluid action seems to be normal to. I second checking the multifunctional switch
I should have phrased it better as the washer action isn't normal. It used to go back to the bottom of the windshield after spraying but now it stops at random points i have to turn on the regular wipers to get it back to the "home" position. I attached a pic of where it stopped when using the washer fluid, It never stopped here until recently.

Old 12-24-2022, 12:10 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerLemming
I should have phrased it better as the washer action isn't normal. It used to go back to the bottom of the windshield after spraying but now it stops at random points i have to turn on the regular wipers to get it back to the "home" position. I attached a pic of where it stopped when using the washer fluid, It never stopped here until recently.
That's tough my gut says multifunctional switch but it could also be the motor

Old 12-24-2022, 03:42 AM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

I had a bad motor which acted like that, eventually it failed to work in a heavy rain. Pulled motor apart, and it was unsaveable. Full of rust.

Old 12-24-2022, 09:58 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 365 Likes on 343 Posts

There is a switch in the motor assembly, The module will give it power to return to the home position. I would check the return signal coming from the switch to the module. If that's not the issue the module is.

Quick Reply: Wiper issues