2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3-4 accumulator spring

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 05:00 PM
Armadilloman308
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3-4 accumulator spring

My truck the other day I was driving along and it just stopped pulling it was as if it went to neutral so I got home after getting towed and discovered the truck would occasionally go forward or reverse I did have to turn the truck on and off several times and try several times to get it to move it would only move about 15 foot so I drop the pan The fluid was okay not burnt and there was no big chunks of metal or shavings in the pan. Just a little goo around the magnet. Upon further investigation I found the 3-4 spring to be broke.. could this be the root of my problem? Could I have a Solenoid out? Or is this problem more internal? I just can’t figure it out. Thanks

Old 01-12-2023, 07:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

Well, fix the spring, put it back together, see what happens. If it still doesn't wanna move, unplug the 8 pin connector, and see if it will now go into gear. Keep in mind, there will be ZERO automatic function. You will have to shift manually, up, and down..... no TCC or O/D either. If it works that way, it's just an electronics problem. If it still doesn't wanna work right, its rebuild time. (assuming your truck is 96 or newer.... if it's 95 or older, its rebuild time. No electronics in there to fail.)

The following users liked this post:
Armadilloman308 (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 07:29 PM
Armadilloman308

It’s a 94. But thanks for the response. I was really hoping it just didn’t go out

Old 01-15-2023, 10:50 AM
klimjo

98 Dakota 4x4 5.2L with 44RE transmission. Felt free to supplant this spring on mine while doing some upkeep on the transmission, mine wasn't broken however figured should do it because of truck age and since individuals say this spring will break on you. I didn't totally eliminate the plate when I supplanted this, left the screw on the contrary side of spring area in (the spring is situated by the link saddle) and pivoted the plate to the side barely to the point of getting the old spring out and put the upgraded one in to hold the cylinder back from dropping down on me. Make certain to have your liquid container under when you open the cover as liquid will come spouting out. Search for video "6oMC-r1OXzI" on Youtube on the best way to supplant this spring. It's exceptionally simple to do.

Kodi nox

Last edited by klimjo; 01-17-2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:08 PM
Morphtrust

watching this one, as its nearly identical to what I am dealing with, and I have a 94 as well.

the parts to accumulator w/broke spring

Quick Reply: 3-4 accumulator spring