2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help please 1995 ram 1500 4x4 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023 | 10:38 AM
mo-mud
|
Default Help please 1995 ram 1500 4x4 5.9

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my 95 ram 1500 tranny.First ,I keep all of my Mopar's on a strict maintenance schedule.I drove my truck to look at a parts car for my 73 Duster 141 mile from my house,Got there without any problems.I was coming back home on the highway running 65 m.p.h. and my tranny just quit pulling,No noise's no jerking,no anything.I had a roll back wrecker to haul it to a near by truck stop.I left it over night,Went back the next day with tools,New filter,New ATF+4 Fluid.When I got there I started it up and it went into gear and I drove it around the parking lot and the tranny worked great.I went ahead and changed the tranny filter and fluid and it was doing great. I left and was driving it back home and it was working great, Shifted great, Pulling strong without any slipping and then it quit pulling again ( Like I put it in neutral).. I had it towed to my house and I am gonna drop the tranny pan again. I have been a mechanic for over 35; years but my truck is not throwing any codes for me.I have been researching this problem and from all of the Forums I was reading about I am thinking it's the pressure solenoid's on the valve body..I went out side this morning and started it up and it went into gear immediately,So, When I changed the filter and fluid at the truck stop the fluid was clean and the filter wasn't bad at all.I serviced the tranny 487 miles ago and adjusted the bands and I have not had any issue's with my truck until now. Before I buy the new solenoid pack does anyone have any suggestions on this.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank y'all in advance and have a great day.

Old 05-01-2023 | 10:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

The only electronic controls for your trans are for TCC, and O/D. Take the truck out, drive it till it stops driving, and press the O/D Off button, if it now moves, then changing the solenoids might help, if it doesn't move..... it likely won't change a thing.

Welcome to DF! Moving this to 2nd Gen Ram section for ya.

The following users liked this post:
mo-mud (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023 | 11:28 AM
racerxv6
Veteran

And make sure you use the DODGE OEM tranny filter, anything else may kill you tranny because it dosn't allow the correct flow..

The following users liked this post:
mo-mud (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023 | 12:15 PM
mo-mud
|

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The only electronic controls for your trans are for TCC, and O/D. Take the truck out, drive it till it stops driving, and press the O/D Off button, if it now moves, then changing the solenoids might help, if it doesn't move..... it likely won't change a thing.

Welcome to DF! Moving this to 2nd Gen Ram section for ya.
Thank you very much.

Quick Reply: Help please 1995 ram 1500 4x4 5.9