2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hi and 2nd gen ram question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 01:37 PM
MtnTow
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im sure many people reading this thread probably think the truck is a beater and shouldnt be on the road however is has new u joints throughout, all new front end (3700$ napa bill) including brakes (however ***** still need to be done) and i dont buy cheap stuff. Havent got a single rock auto part in it. Yet. Lol

Old 08-27-2023, 02:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

97 D70 should have been a full floater.....

The following users liked this post:
MtnTow (08-27-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 02:14 PM
MtnTow
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
97 D70 should have been a full floater.....
As far as i know it is? 97 d70 is on the truck now.

94 chrysler 9.25 was on the truck before, failed and was replaced.

I have the build sheet and door sticker from the axle donor truck. Unfortunately not the engine donor tho.

Old 08-27-2023, 02:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Is this the original axle, or the one that is on it now? That is NOT a full floating axle.

Old 08-27-2023, 02:41 PM
MtnTow
Professional

Is this the original axle, or the one that is on it now? That is NOT a full floating axle.

Thats the original 9.25

Old 08-27-2023, 02:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ok, that explains a lot.

I am less confused now.

Old 08-27-2023, 02:50 PM
MtnTow
Professional

Ok, that explains a lot.

I am less confused now.
Ha, sorry i probably wasnt very clear. Been exhausted lately.

How many mods can you spot? (Hose as a scrubber bolt doesnt count, just lost mine in the fracas. Niether does the dipstick i keep forgetting to replace.)

Old 08-27-2023, 02:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Air intake.
Whatever that is on top of the radiator.
something or other on the drivers side fender well.
No A/C? Doesn't even look like the bracket is there for it..... Didn't think that was a thing.....
What's the sensor between the filter, and air hat??

Old 08-27-2023, 03:13 PM
MtnTow
Professional

Air intake.
Whatever that is on top of the radiator.
something or other on the drivers side fender well.
No A/C? Doesn't even look like the bracket is there for it..... Didn't think that was a thing.....
What's the sensor between the filter, and air hat??
Truck used to be dual fuel but propane became more difficult to get than the inspections are to pass so i took the tank out for now. The pass fender is knock controller / spark advance for propane i believe. Other reason i havent maintained the system. Board has a bad pin and will eventually fail. Even the manufacturer doesnt know what it is exactly.

A/c kills me and i really needed the extra room to maintain that .5 hp gain so i chopped the bracket. Probably helps airflow a bit but doesnt look like missing pieces. Belt is a toyota taco. Lol

Intake is propabe related stuff. Ive gutted the mixer so my air in doesnt suffer but id like to find a nice looking cai (yes i know stock is cai but fugly) to replace it and shelf the propane bits until some unforeseen day in the future.

Air dam is the LED to replace egr mode. Lights when idling. Not recommended as it's a good way to get a ticket but its pretty dim so they'd already be on you for something else. Lol

White board is accessory fuses and relays. I want to move all that stuff to passenger side soon but it will be a lot of work and money. It started with 1 or 2 extra wires to battery and grew into a full nest.

Old 08-27-2023, 05:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by MtnTow
Truck used to be dual fuel but propane became more difficult to get than the inspections are to pass so i took the tank out for now. The pass fender is knock controller / spark advance for propane i believe. Other reason i havent maintained the system. Board has a bad pin and will eventually fail. Even the manufacturer doesnt know what it is exactly.

A/c kills me and i really needed the extra room to maintain that .5 hp gain so i chopped the bracket. Probably helps airflow a bit but doesnt look like missing pieces. Belt is a toyota taco. Lol

Intake is propabe related stuff. Ive gutted the mixer so my air in doesnt suffer but id like to find a nice looking cai (yes i know stock is cai but fugly) to replace it and shelf the propane bits until some unforeseen day in the future.

Air dam is the LED to replace egr mode. Lights when idling. Not recommended as it's a good way to get a ticket but its pretty dim so they'd already be on you for something else. Lol

White board is accessory fuses and relays. I want to move all that stuff to passenger side soon but it will be a lot of work and money. It started with 1 or 2 extra wires to battery and grew into a full nest.
Scope Creep. I hate it when that happens.

Quick Reply: Hi and 2nd gen ram question.