2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Part truck pick list help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 01:20 AM
deadpass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part truck pick list help

I bought a 1999 dodge ram 1500 parts truck same year as mine only difference is that the parts truck is 2wd and mine is 4x4. I have a list of parts I am going to take off of it but was wonder if there is anything else I should add to the list?

Ecu
Pcv
Intake
Airbox
Throttle body
Battery
Horn
Fuse box
Head light bulbs
Maybe dash
Tranny
Alternator
Ac
Radiator+ reservoir

Old 09-01-2023, 02:00 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

- driver side door
- trans (if it's auto)
- trans (if it's manual)
- spare tire / holder
- bumpers
- steering gear
- mirrors
- seats/console
- dash bezel
- speakers/radio
- door handles
- window crank
- window switches
- plenum
- cap/rotors if in better shape
- plugs if in better shape
- wheels / tires if better
- rear seat tray underneath if available
- jack if needed
- alternator if better shape
- steering pump and pulley
- belt

etc.

Old 09-01-2023, 06:26 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 365 Likes on 343 Posts

Instead of misc parts of the motor take the whole thing and possibly the trans. Is the rear a limited slip with disk's then that to.

Old 09-01-2023, 10:59 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by deadpass
I bought a 1999 dodge ram 1500 parts truck same year as mine only difference is that the parts truck is 2wd and mine is 4x4. I have a list of parts I am going to take off of it but was wonder if there is anything else I should add to the list?

Ecu
Pcv
Intake
Airbox
Throttle body
Battery
Horn
Fuse box
Head light bulbs
Maybe dash
Tranny
Alternator
Ac
Radiator+ reservoir

If you have room to store the hulk, there are LOT'S of little hardware parts that are made of unobtainium. Part for part, f they have the same engine, 95% of the parts will swap over. The front suspension will be different on the 2wd and the tail shaft is different due to no transfer case.

Now, if you're read my posts over the years, you'll notice I have a....um....different way of looking at things. Once you've picked it over as much as possible, I'd make the back end of the parts truck into a trailer and paint it to match your regular truck.

Although I do have a caveat about that. I had a I had a 1984 W150 where I made a trailer to match it. I went through the process to build a legal trailer with a title. I used the same paint, same type of roller (I told you I'm a little different.) got new tail lights and put them on and went the whole way. I got my Indiana trailer license plate and once everything was together, I hooked up to pull it and see how it pulled and if I needed to change anything to finish it. I got 2 blocks when a State Trooper pulled me over. I didn't know why as I'd checked the lights and everything was tight. He had an odd smile on his face when he walked up. He asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I told him I didn't. He said he thought I was running trailer plates on a pickup but when I hinged in the middle, it was a truck and trailer.

The trailer looked identical. To be honest, my Dakota will be a modern version of "Betty" when I get done with it. Except it will have cruise and a/c. I'm getting old and decadent.

Quick Reply: Part truck pick list help