2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake lights don't work

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 01:40 PM
jwilc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lights don't work

I've been trying to get my 2001 dodge ram 1500 to pass inspection, but haven't been able to get the brake lights to work. At first they stayed on all the time (broken switch) so I replaced it and now they won't come on. I replaced the 20A lamp fuse and the bulbs and it didn't help. Anyone have ideas or suggestions? I suspect there is an issue with wiring, but I know they work because they were always on before.

Old 09-28-2023, 03:12 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jwilc
I've been trying to get my 2001 dodge ram 1500 to pass inspection, but haven't been able to get the brake lights to work. At first they stayed on all the time (broken switch) so I replaced it and now they won't come on. I replaced the 20A lamp fuse and the bulbs and it didn't help. Anyone have ideas or suggestions? I suspect there is an issue with wiring, but I know they work because they were always on before.
Perhaps your new brake light switch was defective out of the box. Try connecting the old switch to see if the lights come on all the time again...

Quick Reply: Brake lights don't work