2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Computer grounds testing pins

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 01:30 AM
Winner74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer grounds testing pins

Hi All, I am replacing the computer (Ecm) on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9. The computer company recommends checking the grounds voltage on the pins of the wiring to the Ecm. Anybody know which pins? My truck had the same symptoms that they say is caused by bad grounds and that ruins the Ecm. I still wanted to replace the Ecm because the truck is well over 20 years old with 261,000 miles. Also who knows when a refurbished Ecm will no longer be available. Thank you, Winner74 .

Old 10-06-2023, 01:41 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

Personally, I would ask the company selling the refurbished PCM. They should know what test needs to be run to protect their rebuilt PCM. As an FYI, I've purchased used PCMs for my truck, as they are plug and play since no VIN checking is performed for the earlier year trucks. I just ensure that the PCM part number matches the one I have on the truck.

As for availability of remanufactured PCMs for 2nd gen Dodge trucks, I'd suspect that if there is a market for them, someone will continue to make them.

Last edited by AtomicDog; 10-06-2023 at 01:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Computer grounds testing pins