2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Source For Leaf Spring Rebound Clips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 01:43 PM
Skeptic68W
Veteran
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Source For Leaf Spring Rebound Clips?

Anyone know of a source for these little plastic/rubber clips that go on the leaf spring rebound clips? Thanks.

Old 10-30-2023, 03:08 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 343 Likes on 324 Posts

Might want to give a call to a well stocked driveline shop that rebuilds leaf springs to see what they might have. If that doesn't work, I'd consider using some urethane seam sealer primarily used to install windshields or fill body seams. Tubes of the urethane can be purchased from paint shops or on eBay.

Old 10-30-2023, 03:14 PM
Keith_L
Record Breaker
Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

When adding leafs I cut the right angle, straighten them (straight up) and weld. Rockcrawlers open them up intentionally so the leafs can fan out more at full droop. They don't do a lot and don't need to wrap around the pack.

But if you have a tool to actually replace them and replace that countersunk rivet, I'm VERY impressed and I want to know what you use.

Quick Reply: Source For Leaf Spring Rebound Clips?