2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front Spindle Nut

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 03:52 PM
Rodney Shell
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Spindle Nut

To give a rundown on what I'm trying to do to my 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V10 RWD.

Change out the front braking system to a 2002 upgrade, steering knuckle, hub, caliper two pistons, rotor, and brake pads to improve braking. I have located the steering knuckles, calipers, and brackets that are being shipped and should arrive today or soon. Up on arrival I will inspect the caliper pistons to make sure they aren't rusted and/or pitted and install new seals and such as needed, inspect the bearing in the hubs to see if the hubs need to be replaced. I have other parts saved such as rotors, brake pads, and hubs if needed.

What I'm having trouble with is the spindle nut which is a one-time use that torques to 280 ft lbs. Doing a search every nut I have found isn't for my application for a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 RWD GW 8800 lb or greater. Does anyone have a link to this nut? From what I understand the 2002 3500 has the same parts as the 2002 2500. I'm rather sure the hubs don't have tapered wheel bearings but I did find an application for tapered wheel bearings. I will know once the salvaged hub arrives.

Quick Reply: Front Spindle Nut