2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 02:16 AM
Courage
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fog Lights?

Hey y'all, my truck didn't come with fog lights, but I'm planning to just add an auxiliary switch, and wire some in since by bumper came with the holes already drilled.
Here's my question, will I actually notice a difference driving with them on? I drive a fare bit after dark on back country deer covered roads where ⅓ of the vehicles are running light bars. I know it won't be like adding a light bar, but do you think I'd notice a difference with them on in addition to my brights?
Secondly, does anyone have any experience with the Bunker style (included picture), or am I better off going with a more stock option?
Thanks in advance!
Courage

Old 11-13-2023, 06:37 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

You will notice it closer to the vehicle and the sides but that's it. That is for the stock versions of the light, the aftermarket who knows what kind of beam pattern you will get. I am looking into doing a hid retrofit to the headlights and found they make hid projectors that would fit in the fog lights. It would be an upgrade but that's on the back burner for now.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights?