2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water leaking into cab during rainstorms

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 09:13 PM
xxxthebxxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leaking into cab during rainstorms

Hey all,

Looking for some help with stopping rainwater from entering the cab in my Ram. I’ve noticed this happening for quite a while but only recently pinned it down when I sat inside while it rained heavily out.

Water seems to be entering at the back corner of the cab by the roof. It’s a regular cab. Water fills up the compartments behind the driver and to a much lesser extent the compartment behind the passenger seat.

I put black silicon inside where the window meets the material below, and I also added silicon outside along the bottom of the back window before I noticed.

Should I apply silicon on top of the truck by the gap above the rear window? I’m just worried water will end up elsewhere.

Old 12-20-2023, 06:35 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 349 Likes on 329 Posts

The third brake light is a common place where water gets in, The lens warps over time and the gasket doesn't seal it.

Old 12-20-2023, 09:29 AM
xxxthebxxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
The third brake light is a common place where water gets in, The lens warps over time and the gasket doesn't seal it.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try sealing around that since my cap covers the third brake light anyway.

Quick Reply: Water leaking into cab during rainstorms