2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46re brain picking questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2024, 09:40 PM
Sirriggs
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 46re brain picking questions

As some of you may remember a little while back I removed and rebuilt my 99 ram 46re transmission. Drove it a few months then it started to act up and slipping in 3rd ( Been a little bit since driven). All electronics were replaced with new one's. Seeing I wont be really getting in there as to working on it till it warms up some. I am picking some brains here on a check list of what I need to test or try. First and foremost I will be draining and straining current fluid to remove clutch material I seen in the fluid as well dropping the pan to replace the filter. I have done the drain and strain once before. It can be seen but if you rub it with your fingers , you don't feel anything. My thinking is maybe some of this is built up that it maybe have cause some blockage? I drove it a few months before I was forced to buy another truck for work till I can solve this issue to keep a back up and tow my boat. My other thought was either the pump is acting up or if the valve body may need to be replaced? Also took a hit on my budget with cost of truck so I need to bring it back down to paying a couple of things first before I can get back into this truck to get it back on the road. I will answer any question to the best of my ability. Maybe it may be something simple. Thanks again.

Old 01-14-2024, 06:44 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 349 Likes on 329 Posts

You should post on the one you have for the trans issue. Have to ask what was/was not done already and any other comments that other users posted.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:04 AM
Sirriggs
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I looked but it's been months since last post on this subject. I will look again for the thread. This one can be deleted if I needed.

Quick Reply: 46re brain picking questions