2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I was hit !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 03:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Gonna have to take out the rear seat, and the interior trim panels on the drivers side, and bump it out from the inside.

Old 02-03-2024, 10:08 PM
Wolfen1086
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Gonna have to take out the rear seat, and the interior trim panels on the drivers side, and bump it out from the inside.
so its single walled there? I know the door it and the dent in teh bed was there already LOL but if I can get under there while I have teh hammers i might as well get that out too, the front bumper was in the position its iun now when I bought it andthere sa dent in teh top of teh tailgate I would like to take out someday, but itd need to be liek my wifes ford

Old 02-04-2024, 10:16 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

There are some panels on the inside, but, there are also large holes. Should be able to get to most of it.

Old 02-04-2024, 11:32 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Now that you've calmed down, the main thing is you're uninjured. The truck is just metal and glass. Dents have a side benefit. People won't cut in front of you.

I wish my truck looked as nice as yours. A little straighter right now but I painted mine camo just to cover up really bad paint. At least they didn't total it. Does the drivers door open and close okay?

Old 02-04-2024, 12:42 PM
Wolfen1086
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
There are some panels on the inside, but, there are also large holes. Should be able to get to most of it.
Good, thamks a lot it helps cause I'm about to try the door here ina few minutes

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Now that you've calmed down, the main thing is you're uninjured. The truck is just metal and glass. Dents have a side benefit. People won't cut in front of you.

I wish my truck looked as nice as yours. A little straighter right now but I painted mine camo just to cover up really bad paint. At least they didn't total it. Does the drivers door open and close okay?
So why wont peopel pull out in front of a dented vehicle as oppsode to a non-dented vehicle?

yea this one is pretty nice, needs some minor surface ruct on the hood fixec, theres acuple of black spots on the roof because I found rust up there and figured nobody looks there wth, right? as for the turck in general, the clear coat is almost gone and the rippleing in the chrome on teh grill is one day gonna be replaced by black paint

Old 02-04-2024, 04:32 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolfen1086
Good, thamks a lot it helps cause I'm about to try the door here ina few minutes

So why wont peopel pull out in front of a dented vehicle as oppsode to a non-dented vehicle?

yea this one is pretty nice, needs some minor surface ruct on the hood fixec, theres acuple of black spots on the roof because I found rust up there and figured nobody looks there wth, right? as for the turck in general, the clear coat is almost gone and the rippleing in the chrome on teh grill is one day gonna be replaced by black paint

Well, they worry you might not have insurance. I know people who will pull out in front of nice cars because they know you'll stop. For instance, my Mazda CX-5, gets cut off all the time.

Now, after Bambi got an attitude and became Bambo and nailed me last summer, I drove for several months like this and WASN'T cut off.

My Dakota does not get cut off unless they aren't looking. People in nice cars won't cut in front because they are afraid I might hit them on purpose or don't have insurance. (I won't hit them as I know how to drive and I do have insurance.)

Something about that front bumper stops the drivers who cut through traffic at bay. Unfortunately, I did a little too good a job on the camo paint job. I've actually pulled into the driveway and thought it had been stolen, until I realized it was just hard to see.

Old 02-04-2024, 06:04 PM
Wolfen1086
Professional

I got the majority of the dents out of the door, theres one spot I need to redo, but teh bed is a whole different story it looks liek it was never hit except for teh whits chevrolet paint on it

Old 02-11-2024, 04:49 PM
Wolfen1086
Professional

got teh Check from Gieco $3545.60, new tires are on the way

Old 02-11-2024, 09:47 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 339 Likes on 320 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Wolfen1086
I got the majority of the dents out of the door, theres one spot I need to redo, but teh bed is a whole different story it looks liek it was never hit except for teh whits chevrolet paint on it
Try using some Goof-Off & a micro-fiber towel to remove that white paint from the accident. That stuff tends to work pretty well.

Old 02-12-2024, 05:35 PM
Wolfen1086
Professional

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
Try using some Goof-Off & a micro-fiber towel to remove that white paint from the accident. That stuff tends to work pretty well.
thanks, I'll give that a shot

Quick Reply: I was hit !!!!!!!