2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magnefine would have been fine. Ck box contents.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 01:51 PM
Xombi
Professional
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Exclamation Magnefine would have been fine. Ck box contents.

Went to my local Federated parts store after having ordered a 3/8 Magnefine (Raybestos) filter for the trans. 5yrs and 8k miles, seemed to be time. Tow half the time.
ATP used to rebox Magnefine ATP JX 160 and distribute it. Well, open the box and I find a no name filter in plastic, not metal. Allegedly made in Taiwan, that rattled a lot when shook. Rattling could have been the bypass valve in the filter.
He looked at it and said it doesn't even look the same. I paid real money for the trans rebuild, went with a cooler and external filter, and was not going to cheap out.
Open the box while you are in the store. If it doesn't look right it usually isn't.
Federated has been great to me, and it is not their responsibility to check the contents of every box in every order. Always willing to order for the weird old stuff I come up with especially
if I have the part numbers well researched and in hand.
CYA

Last edited by Xombi; 02-10-2024 at 03:22 PM. Reason: forgot something
The following users liked this post:
2RamsJake (02-11-2024)

Quick Reply: Magnefine would have been fine. Ck box contents.