2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Missing vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 11:00 AM
SEOregonRancher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Was it ever wrecked????

It probably has been. The drivers side of the front bumper and driver side fender are bent, looks like it took quite a hit on that side

Old 02-24-2024, 11:05 AM
SEOregonRancher

Originally Posted by Moparite
This is what you will find for a diagram, Not detailed at all. The hvac/cad/cruse uses intake vac and it's usually 3/16-1/4 fitting on the manifold. It should not be hard to find. The factory manuals really don't have a detailed diagram of the vac lines. Sometimes they hide it in the emissions section. They really should have done a better job of illustrating them.

This is found in a TSB but no diagram for the V10.

That diagram is missing entirely on my truck, but now I have an idea on sorting this all out.

Looking at pictures of the manifold, I see these should be where it hooks up, makes perfect sense. I will put the intake back together (after cleaning those leaves out of it and plugging back in the line I disconnected) and take a look back there

Old 02-24-2024, 03:42 PM
SEOregonRancher
Default Problem solved!

I went poking around the back of the engine again, and found one of the vacuum hookups, particularly the one for the brake booster. In place of the other one was just a hole, so it looks like somebody broke it off somehow.
I went to a few junkyards around town and found another V10 ram, and it still had the vacuum connector in that spot. I learned you can remove them pretty easily with some pliers and a little yanking. I came back with the vacuum fitting and got it put in on my ram, and I hooked up the vacuum tree to it. Now, I have a working blend door, and it doesn't idle as high anymore (now at 500rpm compared to 1000rpm of before). I have some more work to do on this truck, but after that's all done I'll take it for a spin and see if I also have working cruise control and CAD.

Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it, it shows that I still have more to learn about this truck as I go,and that once you figure things out, it's actually pretty simple.

Quick Reply: Missing vacuum line