2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Missing vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 05:39 PM
SEOregonRancher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missing vacuum line

Long time reader of this forum for useful information, First time poster.
I can't seem to find any answers for this. Ever since I got this truck a little over two years ago, I've never had a working blend door, working cruise control, and working CAD. I finally got to tracing down all the vacuum lines earlier today, and I found one unused hookup on the vacuum tree. What does this go to? I can't find any vacuum lines hanging unhooked. The lines for CAD and cruise control unit are still connected, and the lines going into the firewall are also still hooked. Any ideas on what this is for? 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Old 02-21-2024, 07:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Probably goes to the intake manifold......

Old 02-21-2024, 08:19 PM
SEOregonRancher

Now that I've taken another good look, it is indeed where its supposed to plug into the intake manifold. However, I can't seem to find where exactly it's supposed to go, I assume I need to take off the manifold to find it, correct?

It would also be helpful if someone had a vacuum system diagram for these V10s. hours of googling has brought me nowhere on that subject

Old 02-21-2024, 08:30 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 340 Likes on 321 Posts

You can download the factory service manual for your year truck here - https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...e-manuals.html

I would think there may be vacuum routing information there.

Old 02-21-2024, 09:12 PM
SEOregonRancher

After several minutes of looking at the service manual and poking around the back of the engine, I found 2 vacuum lines coming from behind the air intake housing, one line going around the back of the engine and plugging into the front of the upper intake manifold

The other line (it's too dark for my phone to see even with a flashlight) just seems to disappear behind the upper intake manifold. I will pull off the air intake housing and take a better look tomorrow when the weathers nicer and there's more daylight

The following users liked this post:
AtomicDog (02-21-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 07:14 PM
SEOregonRancher

I took the air cleaner off and took a better look.
The line circled in green runs under the cowl alongside a bigger line (looks like a fuel line) and goes under the truck and next to the gas tank
The line circled in red (Temporarily disconnected so I could check the other lines) is the same line going to the front of the engine that I mentioned in the previous post
And circled in yellow is something plugging off a spot to connect a line, so I'm assuming that goes to the vacuum tree.
I looked through every relevant sounding section of the service manual and found no vacuum diagrams for the V10, just for the V8 and diesel. If I had a proper diagram for the V10 specifically then I'd have a better idea of what to do other than speculation.
Any thoughts?

Old 02-23-2024, 08:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

There isn't a vacuum diagram under the hood?

Old 02-23-2024, 09:35 PM
SEOregonRancher

No vacuum diagram under the hood. As a matter of fact, there is a distinct lack of diagrams that are usually found under the hood. It's also missing the belt diagram and fuse box diagram, though I've managed to find those online, unlike the vacuum diagram

Old 02-24-2024, 09:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by SEOregonRancher
No vacuum diagram under the hood. As a matter of fact, there is a distinct lack of diagrams that are usually found under the hood. It's also missing the belt diagram and fuse box diagram, though I've managed to find those online, unlike the vacuum diagram
Was it ever wrecked????

Old 02-24-2024, 09:39 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

This is what you will find for a diagram, Not detailed at all. The hvac/cad/cruse uses intake vac and it's usually 3/16-1/4 fitting on the manifold. It should not be hard to find. The factory manuals really don't have a detailed diagram of the vac lines. Sometimes they hide it in the emissions section. They really should have done a better job of illustrating them.

This is found in a TSB but no diagram for the V10.

Quick Reply: Missing vacuum line