2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LED Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 08:32 PM
Ruby5.9
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED Fog Lights

Okay so I need a little guidance for lack of better words. Late last year, I got some fog lights from Walmart that look about the same size as my OEM fog lights, is there any place I can find that has a diagram of the wiring harness for headlights, fog lights, etc for a 01 Dodge ram 1500? I was hoping to route the LEDs to the OEM wiring harness controlled by the switch in the cab to make life easier. Yet I don't know if that's the route to take. Should I utilize the wiring harness from the package and switch and go from there? I don't have a photo of the LED lights unfortunately but once I get around to it I'll reply to this thread to show you what I'm working with.

Old 03-13-2024, 09:47 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 340 Likes on 321 Posts

You should be able to find the wiring diagram in the service manual - download the service manual for your year truck here - https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...e-manuals.html

As an FYI, here are the OEM style fog lights for the 2nd gen Ram that mount to the front bumper - https://www.ebay.com/itm/226040910934 - you can use these and add LED bulbs to them, if desired

Old 03-14-2024, 06:31 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I plan on installing these, Awesome light pattern compared to stock.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:58 AM
J D GA
Rookie
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Purchased them yet?

Originally Posted by Moparite
"I plan on installing these, ..."

I'm skeptical about buying from companies who show multiple versions of an item on one page with no price difference. Seeing several pics is great but which version/model comes at that price? This one shows 3 with no clarification as to which of them is in the box. Disclaimers, please.

In the warranty section they say "....serviced and supported by the Morimoto team in...." and name a nearby city. Can't help but wonder if they already know my location (yay cookies!) & are trying to give me a warm & fuzzy feeling about having them near, though they aren't.

Have you bought them yet?

Old 03-15-2024, 06:52 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

No not yet, I plan on replacing the headlights with clear housings and a retrofit Bi-Xenon HID Projector. Then i will upgrade the fog lights. These are universal ones, They make others for specific fit also.
https://www.morimotohid.com/led-fog-.../xb-assemblies

Old 03-15-2024, 05:37 PM
Ruby5.9

That manual is definitely gonna come in handy thank you lots, here's a few pictures of the ones I bought, they were on sale for $35 so I thought hell with it and bought them

The following users liked this post:
J D GA (03-16-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 05:42 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 340 Likes on 321 Posts

You've already got fog lights. You can polish the existing ones out with Mother's mag polish and a microfiber cloth to make them look like new. Once that's done, add an LED bulb to replace the halogen bulb and you'd be done. Besides, the 27W output on your LEDs isn't as much as the 35W output of the halogen bulbs.

Old 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Ruby5.9

You're right, and keeping the truck original for the most part would probably be better anyhow. That and it would definitely avoid the work of splicing wires and routing them to the OEM wiring harness and whatnot..

The following users liked this post:
AtomicDog (03-15-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 09:13 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

You're right, and keeping the truck original for the most part would probably be better anyhow.
Well the lights on these trucks sucked from the factory so a upgrade is not a bad thing. But not all lights are are a "upgrade". Those look like plain leds with no focused beam, Same thing as the light bars blinding people. More light yes but a upgrade? If you clean the lenses and put in a decent led or xenon bulb you should be happy. A video that may be of help...

Quick Reply: LED Fog Lights