2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No power window action

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
99Ram2500NV4500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power window action

Late last week I had to install a new RCA cable to my aftermarket deck so I could have my backup camera again. So I pulled the dash bezel, I lowered the column to get the bezel out. I slid my deck out and also removed the under dash panel. After buttoning up everything I pulled up to my house, then tried to roll up my windows. Driver's window and passenger window won't go up or down from driver's switch unit. Tried to roll up passenger window from the switch over on passenger side, no action.
I have power and ground continuity at the switch connector, and checked for power at the window motor connector, no power there.
Even using a new replacement switch I get no window action. Since there's a chance of rain I jumped power to the motor connector and got the window rolled up for the time being.
Any ideas on where to check? I'm assuming I have a wire pulled out somewhere. I was reading and saw mention of wires in the colum being short, but the threads that had that info weren't having window issues..

Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,295 Likes on 3,042 Posts

Check the connectors between the door, and the body.

Quick Reply: No power window action