2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I little more power

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:28 AM
AngeryDogeOwner
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was actually already looking into tuners. No point in coming it if I don't tune it to perform properly. And I'll look into those two intake manifolds. I found the Hugh's manifold but I didn't find anything else. Still surfing around to see my options. And thanks on the cam advice, why only 9.5 compression though? I've been told that number before but nobody gives a explanation for it. I'd imagine more compression has more efficient use of power?

Old Today, 12:35 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 326 Likes on 308 Posts

Higher compression will produce more power, but will require higher octane (premium) fuel, otherwise, you will experience knocking, pinging and likely engine damage. Here is a sample of what the M1 5.2/5.9 magnum fuel injection intake looks like - https://www.ebay.com/itm/134874194946

The Mopar M1 5.2/5.9 fuel injection intake was made in both 4 barrel and 2 barrel versions, in addition to EGR and non-EGR versions of both. In my humble opinion, either the EGR and non-EGR versions can be used without issue on either engine, as the EGR version can be blocked off. The intake is no longer made and is only available in the used market.

If you desire to tune the engine/PCM yourself, you can purchase HP Tuner software to tune the JTEC PCM in your truck and tune the PCM via a laptop.

Last edited by AtomicDog; Today at 12:39 AM.
Old Today, 12:37 AM
AngeryDogeOwner
Amateur

I'll likely go with Hugh's because they offer there intake with a dual plane option which everyone says it better for low end torque. Expensive but if it's what it takes to keep my truck fuel injected so be it.

Old Today, 01:04 AM
AngeryDogeOwner
Amateur

Yeah but for 1800 I can buy a Hugh's with egr brand new and performs better in the lower rpm ranges I'm looking for compared to the m1. According to there dyno charts they have posted. I'm going to use the Hugh's, responsive but seems more reliable.

Quick Reply: I little more power