2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel pump float

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2024 | 02:49 AM
Shanedriver
|
Default Fuel pump float

I have a 35 gallon tank on my 99 dodge ram my fuel pump float keeps falling off in the tank so my gage reads empty and I never know where my fuel level is on of the plastic peice clips broke and I need to know a way to be able to fix the float where is stays on and know my fuel level without it falling off

Old 10-25-2024 | 04:29 AM
ol' grouch
Champion

Originally Posted by Shanedriver
I have a 35 gallon tank on my 99 dodge ram my fuel pump float keeps falling off in the tank so my gage reads empty and I never know where my fuel level is on of the plastic peice clips broke and I need to know a way to be able to fix the float where is stays on and know my fuel level without it falling off

It would probably be easier to replace the fuel pump as it's all one assembly. I haven't seen a float fall off by itself in years.

Old 10-25-2024 | 06:21 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

I haven't had a gas gauge in years, Replaced the pump and it worked for about 6 months. (The original also stopped working) Fill your tank and zero out the trip odometer. Then when the mileage gets where the tank is low refill.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump float