2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Horn Problem and K&N Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 03:31 AM
mattyge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn Problem and K&N Cold Air Intake

Hey everybody,

This one is a two parter, first my horn don't work! When i bought it they did but then they started going. To get them to work you would have to press them like 5 times and then maybe they worked, now they don't work at all. The horns are still good and the fuse and all the wiring so i have concluded that it's the horn buttons on the steering wheel. Problem is they're sealed and I don't want to fool around too much and set off the air bag. Any suggestions?

Secondly I wanted to know if it's worth getting one of those K&N Cold Air Intake systems that replaces the old stock airbox etc. and how much they would cost because on they're site they don't tell you how much they are.

Thanks for your help,

1995 Dodge Ram 1500
Club Cab, Long Bed
2wd, 5.2L (318) V8

Old 01-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Horn Problem and K&N Cold Air Intake

Read this about K&N. http://www.duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm After you finish reading you probably won't want the K&N any more, I know I didn't.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the K&N FIPK, and really like it. I think it is a very good mod. It is one of the best designed cold air intakes. If the filter study that Teacher posted worries you, you could always put some other brand cone filter on it. I paid about $220 for mine new off eBay.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:29 PM
mattyge
Veteran

Ok I think I'll look for one on ebay thanks for your imputs, now any ideas on my horn?

Old 01-12-2006, 02:34 AM
mattyge
Veteran

hey again,

I was looking on ebay and there are 2 different types of k&n intake systems and i was wondering if you could tell me the difference between them besides the price

K&N #1

and

K&N #2

also i would just buy the cone filter and make my own intake but i don't think i can make that funny piece that goes ontop of the throttle body.

Thanks again

Old 01-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to make your own, you could get a set up similar to the first ebay link you posted (there are some on there much cheaper, I got the same thing for $40) and just use the air hat and filter. Then make your own pipe going from the hat to the filter. That is what I did and I think it turned out fine.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:22 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

#2 is where you make your beans and tomatoes at... that has the heat sheild and the weather stripping... sooo sexy

Old 01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
ebxgsxr
Professional

i've been told that there could be a couple problems with the horn. im having the same problem and i've tested the horns and checked the fuses and all. seems like my problem is in the pad/clockspring itself. i havent taken apart my horn pad to check though.

Quick Reply: Horn Problem and K&N Cold Air Intake