2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Some pics of mine

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 12:35 AM
cru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some pics of mine

i hate pre-fab boxes that people just put in the back seat or in a trunk. looks like ***, no offense.

what i did in my 98 ram quad was made 4" risers to lift the back seat up 4 inches. just takes some angel iron and a mill/drill press. that'll give ya more than enough room under the seat for a custom box and still be able to seat people. The box i had, if i remember right was almostt 3 cubic feet, which is more than enough for most speakers. make the bottom of the box fiberglass so you can follow the contour of of the floor. then the rest wood. i had a pair of 10"s in mine but i coulld of fit 12"s if i had some. for the amps, i mounted a piece of aluminum behind the back seat and mounted the amps to it. Looked very good. I cant find any of the pictures that i took of it, i'll keep looking though. I had to take the box out and lower the seat back down cuz with the babies in car seats in the back they didnt have enough room for their feet. but i'm redesigning the box and i'll put it back in come spring. maybe i'll take the car seats out this weekend and take some pics of the amps, and give ya some ideas......

The custom box i made sounded better than a pre-fab one i had laying around. pre-fabs arnt sealed the way they should be. just my opinion

Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Racinfan83
All Star

Nice Ride! I would go get some bigger tires though.......

Old 01-13-2006, 12:52 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

thats what im talkin about cru!!!! ive raised CQ rear seats about 4 times to fit larger subs for people......the biggest thing i hate about prefabbed boxes is 1: they use the lowest grade MDF available,, usually starts to become brittle and breaks apart when moist climats or when a decen sub is used.. 2: they use brad nails instead of screws...ive never built a box with brail nails and glue,,, ALWAYS used some time of fasnter that grabs,.... my fav. is 1 5/8" dry wall screws countersunk... i built a box with 2 mtx 9500 superwoofers with about 2500 watts apeice and the box was stronger then ever!!!! and my new found toy... gorilla glue... that stuff is stronger than steal!!! and it expands when it drys..really gets into the poors of the mdf and helps fill tiny gaps that cause airleaks!!!!!!!! just takes for ever to dry!!!!!!! anyway...

socha.. r ur tips off on your duals? is the left one out farther then the right? its drivin me nuts!!!!!!! also how do you like that gull wing box? i was gonna get gull wing but i didnt think id like it..i got a regular flat top instead

Old 01-13-2006, 04:44 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I didn't know raising the back seat was possible like that. That might be a summer time project [sm=confused06.gif]

But my duals come out the same on each side, I can see how some of those pics make it look diffrent. But I don't like how the guy that made them did it. They stuck maybe an inch or so farther then the bumper. So it seems to be if somebody even rear ends me, even VERY slightly that the welds on the wips will either break off, or it will completely bend the pipes.

But I like the toolbox. I got it my a classafied in the newspaper for $75 Both sides have the shocks on them so when you open it, it stays open. Don't have to prop it up or anything.

And bigger tires are coming this summer! Those Timberlines are getting pretty bald. Going with 285/75R16 (about 33") since I have the lift to clear them.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:25 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see you have the subs laying in a box on the seat like me it looks ghetto as hell but gets it done. I take mine out if people are riding in there.

Are your duals actually hooked up? I see exhaust coming out of the left pipe but none out of the right it just made me wonder.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I noticed that after I watched the video too. They're hooked up, and every other time I've walked behind the truck when its cold both sides have smoke coming out. Its not worrying me to much though.

Quick Reply: Some pics of mine