2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bf goodrich all terrians suck

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: bf goodrich all terrians suck

I've been pretty happy with my BFG All-Terrains so far. I haven't had them in clay type mud yet, but for the winter ice and snow I have been through so far, I was impressed. But, I only can really compare them to the tire that was on there when I bought the truck. It had Michelin LTX's, great highway tire for low noise and smooth ride, but lousy in rain, snow, and very bad on ice.

I mostly got the BFG All-Terrains because of the reports of how long they last. My falther-in-law put over 80,000 miles on a set that came on his 2500 CTD. I have never put 80,000 miles on any tire, any vehicle. I wish I had gotten the BFG Mud Terrains though instead of the All-Terrains. I like the more aggresive look, and I have heard lots of good things about them. I've read several posts on the Jeep forums about their cabilities. Great sidewall strength too.
I also wish I had gotten 295's or 305's instead of 285's, but that is another story.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:30 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always looked at tires at www.tirerack.com.. dont know if they are over priced or not.. i have futura a/ts.. pretty much like the bfg's.. really SUCK in the mud.. so im looking for some 35 inch mud terrains next

Old 01-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

Ground hawgs are good tires in the mud - if you remember one thing.....they are "directionals" meaning that, like tractor tires, you can go like hell as long as you are going FORWARD! If you have to stop and back up for some reason, the truck will jump right up on top of the tread, and they are no better than AT's or any other Street/offroad tire......

Old 01-18-2006, 09:45 PM
rogerdoger
Professional

I really like my bfg a/ts

no complaints yet,

i havent gone to hard core mudding with them and i probbly wont..... reason for that......... cus they are a/t sure they are fine for a bit of mud, but if i was gonna get realy dirty i would get the bfg mud terains....

just my 2 cents

Old 01-18-2006, 09:45 PM
bigandbeutiful

ive seen the ground hawgs in action really hook up but how r they on the street

Old 01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
bigandbeutiful

anyone ever had the tsl tires before were the good to u?

Old 01-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

Ground Hawgs are Noisy and they tend to "cup" if you don't constantly rotate them. I had 38.5's on an old truck I had 22 years ago, the only time I got stuck was when I couldn't go forward due to obstacles, and the tires wouldn't hook up to back out....

Old 01-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Koldkut
Rookie

your a dumbass for drinking and driving, nuff said.

The tires, they are just fine, they are clean on the road, and good offroad, they do alright in the mud, not really good. You were sidehilling with an allterrain, any allterrain would have done the same thing. I liked the ride of the Big-O mud terrains and I liked the performance, they did good in teh mud, and on the rocks.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:49 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

Yeah I have to agree with the drinking and driving thing. Not smart. The best tires in the world cant help a stupid driver. I might be stationed in georgia next. Ill be be on the look out you.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:45 PM
bigandbeutiful

wasnt really my fault wasnt doing anything wrong its just been getting a hell of alot of rain down here and dont know if yall ever been on the notorious georgia red clay but if u ever do get on it ull see what i mean when i say slick i was only creeping didnt even have my foot on the gas but if u ever coming this way on some all terrains ill take down some dirt roads around here that will make u hate ur tires and georgia clay roads

Quick Reply: bf goodrich all terrians suck