2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sirius Satellite Receiver Install Pic

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Racinfan83
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Satellite Receiver Install Pic

I installed a Sirius sat radio receiver over the weekend, I thought I'd post a couple pics of where I put it, in case anyone was trying to figure out where to put theirs. I pulled the little rubber mat that is in the "pen holder" up, there is a hole that a rubber pin goes into to hold it in place near the front. I took the bracket apart and attached it in the holder with one screw that was large enough to screw into the hole, and had a big enough head to hold the bracket. You have to pull it a little to get the bracket back together, but it will work. I ran the wires under the dash pieces so it looks better. Just some info I thought I'd pass along.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/19461/8E34987378214D128F47E91D70CD7CA5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19461/2F22181BCAE44530A676444AC75266F1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sirius Satellite Receiver Install Pic

That looks very clean. Nice work. I would sure miss being able to use that cubby hole though. I use mine a lot.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

I know what you mean. I was getting tired of having stuff fly out of there upon heavy acceleration, however. gave me an excuse to clean it out.[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-18-2006, 11:11 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i used to use that cubby hole untill i bought an 80 cupholder that was worth every penny ... the cupholder sits in the sill of the center arm console.. i use that for everything and dont even use my stock cupholders or storage compartments anymore

what made you dicide over serius instead of xm?

Old 01-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

ORIGINAL: shott8283

i used to use that cubby hole untill i bought an 80 cupholder that was worth every penny ... the cupholder sits in the sill of the center arm console.. i use that for everything and dont even use my stock cupholders or storage compartments anymore

what made you dicide over serius instead of xm?
We switched over to Sirius last year when they announced that NASCAR was going over to them. They have NFL, also. We had some reception problems with XM, so we switched. Our 300C came with Sirius radio in it, so we just add $6.99/mo for each additional radio we have. My daughter has it in her car also, so she got me a receiver for xmas...

Old 01-19-2006, 12:24 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

thats cool... i heard that howard stern just went to serius too... looks like xm might be out the door

Old 01-19-2006, 12:52 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is a piece of useless info for ya all, howared stern did go to sirius whitch is a canadian company however you can listen to him in canada i have a sirius and i like it a lot but that kinda pissed me off lol his contract if for 5 years and he is making 500 million $ i will pnever see that much in my life time

Old 01-19-2006, 09:49 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

ORIGINAL: ryans590

here is a piece of useless info for ya all, howared stern did go to sirius whitch is a canadian company however you can listen to him in canada i have a sirius and i like it a lot but that kinda pissed me off lol his contract if for 5 years and he is making 500 million $ i will pnever see that much in my life time
man no kidding. Sure Id love to make 100 million a year but OMG he is not worth it.

I could quote many examples of professions that should be paid more for what they contribute to the world.

Sadly a police officer who puts his life on the line everyday gets paid peanuts but a guy who can sit in his office and talk smack and look at naked ******* gets 100 mil. Maybe if they started putting GLOCK ads on the back of police officers shirts we could pay them what they deserve. I know this is way off topic but I see this everywhere. Over paying our sports heros and wondering why people are not paying to goto games or paying actors 40 mil a picture and wondering why movie ticket sales are going down. It just costs too much. I think most americans dont see the value in paying more money so our heros can act stupid and end up in the next issue of people magazine. Not to mention Im just cheap and would rather pop the DVD in my home theater system and sit in my underware with a beer while the dog licks my feet. lol... well you get the picture. Sorry for off topic.

Oh yeah. nice install. I will be doing that also and I like seeing what you did there. I would ask everyone to break out those cameras and start posting pictures in this forum. Gives me ideas. I must say though I use that little hole to stuff my cell phone in. I dont know if I could lose it.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

Zeekxxx, one thing you might try with your cell phone is, if it has the round "swivel clip" on the back, you might be able to put a "truckers hook" on it, this is a large hook that clips on the back of your CB mike to make it easier for truckers to hang on a bungie cord or such. If one of these will fit on your phone, you could hang it on the lighter plug your phone charger plugs into. That is where I hang my cb mike. You would have to try one on your phone clip to see if that would work.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:15 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is that little cubbie supposed to be used for anyway? I put either my glasses or cell phone in it usually. My glasses don't really fit in the overhead thing unless you squish them in at an angle and they arn't big at all so I don't know wtf they were thinking when they designed that. Every other car seems to hold them fine.

I have Sirius in the house with my TimeTrax setup I won but I've been thinking of canceling it as I don't listen to it much anymore. I think I'd use it much more in the car and have part of a car kit but it is made to work with JVC radios which I have in my Accord but my radio came out right before they supported Sirius and I don't want to buy another one or a tuner.

Quick Reply: Sirius Satellite Receiver Install Pic