2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Should I trade or Not???

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 08:33 PM
livinginh
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I trade or Not???

ORIGINAL: Racinfan83

I would say it is worth it. The other thing you have to consider is that it costs more to change the oil and fuel filters in a diesel. You might want to check that out. Other than that, as long as you can drive it without knocking the duals off on something.......go for it! How many miles is on yours and his?
Ok, yeah I know way more for changing fluids and things like that, but I run synthetic oil in mine now, so shouldnt be much differant oil change wise.
As for knocking the dual wheels or flairs off, if I do that, I need my CDL taken away from me,,lol. Size doesnt matter so much(leave it alone) as I drive a Sterling Actera 10 wheeler all day long at work. So I think I could manage a dually truck.

Mine has right at 140K on it, and the dually has 210K on it, which I know in comparison is about the same.

I have a car as a dailly driver also, my round trip commute to work is about 50 miles so not bad. But I do live in the country and gravel roads go by my house, no pavement.
Yes I know figures out to about $3500 out of my truck, not the best but close. Only books around $4500, so would only be losing $1000 off book value.

Actually my main reason for thinking about this truck is it is 4x4 and ext cab.

So basicly with all your info and my looking into it more, my main 2 down falls of this would be it is a 12 valve instead of 24 and it is only an ext cab, not quad cab.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

If you mainly want it because its ext cab and 4x4 I'd stay away Theres plenty of 4x4 ect cabs around for pretty cheap, even though that is a good deal. 4x4 is fun to play in, but with a dually your not gonna be doing much playing in that.... You'd rip the rear end apart on almost any 2 track lol

Its all about personal chioce though. To me, I LOVE my truck and will probably never drive a car. But it does already suck driving it around cause its big and long. I hate parking it, and there was an accourance at Wal Mart where I actually wouldn't get out of a parking spot because somebody parked a bit to close to me. So I had to sit in the car for 1/2 an hour and wait.

But if you don't mind drinvin around a big girl than maybe it is the truck for you!

Old 01-20-2006, 10:35 PM
brute98
Professional

I'd say don't do it. Unless you're hauling serious weight around all the time you don't need the dually. I'd get something newer, 24V and lower miles if you wanna switch to CDT. Also if the mileage is about the same as you mentioned, consider that in some parts diesel is more costly than gasoline (around here it is). More maintanence and not as easy to work on. $8500 is alot owing too. It may be the type of truck you're looking but it's not the 'one'.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:18 AM
livinginh
Veteran

Yeah I think your right, mainly on your last statement not the right one. As for needing a truck to work, I live on a farm and in the country. Was not looking for a play truck, if I was I would go for a dually at all. And yes that is alot to be oweing, being mine is paid for.

Think, we have dicided, I am gonna keep my truck and buy a Harley. What do you think? Thanks for all your imput, I am bad, if I left it up to just me, I would just have bought it then second guessed. You all are great for my wallet...lol

Quick Reply: Should I trade or Not???