2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4x4 troubles on my 1999 2500

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 10:32 PM
amikejudd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 troubles on my 1999 2500

need to know if anyone can tell me if the vacume plug on the top of the transfer is supose to have vacume to two sides of the plug. I know two of them go to the front end. and I traced on of them to a vacume that comes out of the intake on the passenger side. but the other one looked like it was broke off right behind the head on the drivers side. can you help me find where it goes

Old 01-19-2006, 11:10 PM
livinginh
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4x4 troubles on my 1999 2500

I cant be for sure, but if anything like the older Jeeps. Each line would only have vaccum whneeded. Or should I say, one line draws air when you are in 2wd and the other draws air when you switch to 4wd. The line at the back of the head would more then likely go to the switch inside.

So as long as you didnt switch the lines on the trans case, then those should be right. I would check the firewall and see if you have any lines drawing vaccum when you have it running, and that should be where the broken line goes.

I am hoping someone can give you better help, but a place to start anyway.

Quick Reply: 4x4 troubles on my 1999 2500