2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2" Coil Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 03:03 AM
shott8283
Default RE: 2" Coil Spacers

i think the dystars are the company that uses a poly composite material instead of standard mild steal.. like tani said... for them to be "like" bushing material... really helps to take the wam bam jam out of the straight front axle like ride we have... they aint not caddys for damn sure!

Old 02-05-2006 | 12:16 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

are coil spacers hard to install? can someone tell me roughly what you have to do to install them? and also add a leafs for the back- same question is it hard?

Old 02-05-2006 | 05:23 AM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

when i did my 3 inch spacers.. you pretty much disconnect the track bars ( i think thats what their called.. 2 bars that goes from the frame to the axle).. disconnect the shock mount from under the hood ( 3 nuts) disconnect the shock from the bottom at the axle.. and most importantly unbolt the sway bar from the frame.. i thought i knew what i was doing and didnt need instructions... spent 3 hours figuring out WHY the axle wouldnt drop down all the way.. so i had to go dig threw the trash for the instructions [:@] then you just drop the axle down.. bolt the coil spacers to the shock mount tower under the hood ( 3 nuts again) connect the top of the shock.. slide the coil in.. bolt the bottom of the shock in.. bolt the track bars back up and your set.. an easy 1 hour job if you know what your doing

Old 02-05-2006 | 12:42 PM
nmramman

Here is a link that walks you through a 2" Top Gun Coil spacer install:

http://lawmanoffroad.com/top_gun.html

I have the DayStar spacers, haven't had any problems with them, Took me about 3 hours to install.

Quick Reply: 2" Coil Spacers