2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

juse wanna whine lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006 | 02:41 AM
ryans590
|
Record Breaker
Default juse wanna whine lol

so today i had my truck up on the hoist just changing my oil, and greasing and checking everything so i checked my front u-joints amoung outher things, i checked the drivers side and theres i little play so i checked tha pass side THERE IS OVER 1/4IN PLAY IN THE U-JOINT now i wouldent be too susprised if they were origonal but this will be the 3rd time ive had to do them and the truck only has 140 000kms (not miles) on it. the first time i changed them i put in greasable ones and i admit they kinda got neglected so wen i had to redo them the 2nd time i got good greasable ones (i dont rember exactley what kind but i know i went in and asked for the BEST and they wernt too cheap lol) now this time a greased them every oil change with synthetic grease (and no i dident over gerase them) and they havent even lasted 25 000 kms. so i guess my question is what could be causing me to go through them so fast has anyone else had this prob i mean i know they dont last too good in the rams and that duzent bother me too much but id think it should be better than this i duno just wanna gripe is all. let me know whatcha think

Old 02-05-2006 | 03:43 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: juse wanna whine lol

If you over grease them it can actually attract more dirt. Over greasing causes some grease to seep out the seals, and dirt obviously sticks to that stuff and it can work its way in pretty easy [&:]

Old 02-05-2006 | 03:52 AM
jon v

better grease. try lubrication engineers #3752 or #1275 for cold wet climates

Old 02-05-2006 | 03:57 AM
jon v

p.s. have you changed the original driveshaft angle? as in lift kit? That can increase the load on the u-joints

Old 02-05-2006 | 04:00 AM
ryans590
|
Record Breaker

i havent been overgreasing them lo i know alll about that and as for beter grease im using good stuff (i think this tube was like $11) i dont rember what the name is but i know its a synthetic i suspose im just wondering how everyones are holding up. i dont care if i half to do them every oil change im keeping the truck lol i suspose it get real good at it too im just wondering if there could maby be something out of alignment or bent too

Old 02-05-2006 | 04:01 AM
ryans590
|
Record Breaker

and no i have no lift so driveshaft angle is same as stock

Quick Reply: juse wanna whine lol