2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Emergency lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 07:52 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emergency lighting

Maybe you guys can help me with this, I'm a volunteer fireman and will start using my Ram to go directly to calls. I will be getting my truck certified through the state as an emergency vehicle(meaning I can blow traffic lights etc..etc in an emergency) they actually give you stickers to certify you can do this, cool huh. But anyhow, I am looking for a light setup and wondered If anyone knows any websites or such that has good setups.

Not really looking for a lightbar, something in grill and back wondows, just throw me some idea's.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:36 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Emergency lighting

check www.galls.com or ebay, thats where I get mine from

Old 02-05-2006, 08:50 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

depends how much you wanna spend you can get led ones but there not cheap but look cool there made by whellen (not shure of spelling) ive instaled a bunch of lights on emerg vehicles its fun wen i get to "test" them wen im done lol

Old 02-05-2006, 09:09 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ya the led's are bright. and whelen lights are nice they are what I pefer

Old 02-05-2006, 09:12 PM
REDKNOB
Rookie

Gall's is your best bet for all your needs if ya need it now.
You might be able to get a deal through one of the vendors that your company uses, couple of our guys have done that.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:43 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Thats the site! I knew I've heard of one but I couldn't remember. Gall's is the one

Old 02-06-2006, 03:35 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ah sweet another wacker like me LOL. LEDs are sweet but I'm a good old strobe type of guy. Gall's has some nice stuff you can also check on strobes and more's website thats where I got my setup for the mustang. They had some good deals when i bought them a few years ago

We ain't suppose to go through lights or anything like that our laws say a blue light is only a courtesy light and your suppose to follow all traffic laws. Not that i follow any even when my lights are off LOL

Old 02-06-2006, 03:37 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i use galls for all my firefighting needs... did you make cheif or something ... allowing you to respond directyl to the scene? where im at we report to the house to man the trucks unless your a chief..

anyway

my old truck i had a set of blue (thats what color we use unless your a cheif. you use red) strobes in each light housing .. all 4 corners... i also had a dahs laser (rotating dash light..kinda bulky but bright as hell) i like light bars but onnly if you need them...i dont need one so i like to keep the emergency lighting low profile so it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb

Old 02-06-2006, 03:44 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have vids of my crazyness on my car and truck if anybody woudl like to see

Old 02-06-2006, 03:45 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

wen i lived in alberta and was on the VFD most pepole would respond on there own you would raido in and the closet pepole to the hall would get the trucks we were never aloud to leagley use emerg lighting on our personal vehicles thow i always thought it was stuped but we were told to use our hazard lights and we really wernt susposto speed or blow stop signs (it was a small town in the middle of nohwere so no stop lights lol) but we did anyways i got pulled over once and i told them who i was and where i was going and the cop just told me to follow him and he led me there faster than i was going alredy i might add. im glad there letting you guys do it

Quick Reply: Emergency lighting