2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ramzilla trans upgrade update

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 03:28 AM
tjtim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramzilla trans upgrade update

okay have had my truck back for two days now, the trans is truley remarkable so far, the first day out on cold start it seemed a bit loud and noisy with a high whine sound, after about a block that stopped and has not came back, probably just needed to get the fluid going and cover all the internals, and with an auto that is comon durring the first 300 miles of break in soon as I hit the 300 mile mark it goes back in for fluid and filter change and band adjustment then it will fall back into a normal service schedule, also this trans runs on ATF not the chrysler auto trans III as the factory trans did. First and foremost right off the line it pulls like no tomorrow, it shifts right through each gear all the way up to overdive with no troubles at all, and the shifts are very firm but not abrupt or disturbing at all, with the overdrive feature defeated in the off possition it shifts very firm and has a much lower range it seems than the factory trans did, with you moving and shut off the over drive you can really feel it go off and put drag on the vehicle. from a dead stop and a slam on the gas to the floor it just squats down and takes off like a starving guy chasing a chicken. I then on the second day today decided I would load a bunch of crap in the back and go grab a friends loaded trailer for a short trip around town, the highway and some long grade hills, it pulled flawlessly with the load and seemed even better under load than empty dialy driving, also my gas milage seems to have gained by about 2mpg's not much but better than nothing... thats the short of it now to see how long it lasts and holds up............will keep this updated as I go along!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 03:33 AM
tjtim
Default RE: Ramzilla trans upgrade update

Here is the link to the Ramzilla trans I purchased and had professionally installed, additionally I added new lines, larger ported line check valve, and an large after market cooler.....
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm

Old 02-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

Holy Crap! The mother lode of tranny goodies! Thanks for the link......
The prices listed are without trade in - do you know how much they give you if you give them your old one? I didn't see that on there

Also, do you know where they are located?

Old 02-11-2006, 10:55 AM
tjtim

Your best bet would be to call and talk to there sales and tech staff to determine your needs and get a trade in trans core fee, I did not use my trans as a core and kept it for future rebuild....

Additionally they have tons of rebuild kits and upgade kits for those who wish to do it yourself....

I can honsetly say the whole deal from start to finish with them was top notch... from assist, questions, answers all the way to the final build and shipping of the trans to my door. I could have done the install myself but sent it to a local trans shop here and had it done professionally, this also allowed them too fine tune the fluid flow, install the new lines, larger ported line check valve, and reprograms the computer shift points etc.

It its truely a bear on the road now----and the four days of driving it has proved to be well worth the money and effort in this project....again time will be the tell tale of this but I'll keep an regular update on it as well as the other mods I make as I go along....

Quick Reply: Ramzilla trans upgrade update