2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help!! I made a boo boo

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 12:58 AM
jasonfrye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! I made a boo boo

ok so i was installing a remote starter on my 2000 ram when i accidentally touched the accessory hot wire to a ground (The Chassis) , now none of the positions on my ignition switch will make the truck do anything, no accessory no run no start...I can only guess that i have blown a fuse though i cant find any blown..Could it be anything else? and please don't tell me i fryed my brain box...

[IMG]local://upfiles/29484/FBAEF45E6A25412197C66A221E5B7768.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-11-2006, 02:05 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help!! I made a boo boo

you might wanna post in the 2nd gen for more help

i dont think you woulda fried the pcm or anything like that ctm maby but i kinda dout it too. how long did it ground out? a brief secend? or did it weld its self on? if it was a brief touch id check all your fuses pull each one out one bye one and test it with a multymeter (sometimes you can look at them and they look good put they have poped)if it was on for a cupple secends or longer you coulda melted some wireing in the steering coloum or fryed the ignition switch.

for next time you might wanna disconect your ground from your batt and hook it up only wen you need to test wires so this duzent happen

Old 02-26-2006, 10:01 PM
scoupe89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help!! I made a boo boo

You might have shorted the alarm. check fuses, fusible links and any ignition relays. I've heard of remote starts shorting the alarm before!

Quick Reply: Help!! I made a boo boo