2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

glass packs? or other mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:56 AM
MikeNAmyS
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: glass packs? or other mufflers?

Does anyone else make mufflers besides Flowmaster???LOL
While it is up to the individual, the new cat.(hopefully high flow) is really key.
I left mine a single exhaust with a "modified"stock converter and a Flowmaster and it sounds really good. A deep throaty rumble without being obnoxiously loud like some of the "wet farts" you hear.
Now if I could just get that check engine light to go out

Old 02-28-2006, 09:33 PM
jalapeenoz
Professional

When I bought my 01 Ram it had a glasspack on it. I think it was a 24 inch case. It had a really deeeep sound and sounded mean when you stomped on it. It was a bit too loud for me to live with all time though and the all the popping was annoying so I got rid of it. I had one on my old chevy truck but it didnt sound nearly as good as it did on my Dodge.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Redneck2345
Veteran

whats a muffler? I dont have any muffler on my truck, I like how it sounds

Old 03-01-2006, 04:00 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend has a set of glasspacks on his built 440 and they sound mean. I like the tone to my Flowmasters a little better but his are a lot louder and definately sound mean. Great price also. Although they are loud enough they would probably get annoying after a while.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Arthur408

I am a big fan of straight through mufflers and glasspacks. It will be much less annoying if it is properly sized, for example 2.5 inches sounds much deeper then 2.25 inch duals. If you want this to be for torque, the single 3 inch exhaust would actually be better then duals I would think. Anyways, I have used glasspacks and also edelbrock RPM mufflers on different cars. I put the elelbrocks on my '91 5.0 and it ran WAY better then it ever did with the blowmasters and you can actually talk to people when driving around. You can see through those mufflers when you look in the end, they are basically a large square glass pack. The thing I like about straight through mufflers is they are quieter then blowmasters at normal rpms but louder at WOT. And they are usually cheaper and make more power.

Quick Reply: glass packs? or other mufflers?